QCH and COVID-19
QCH is actively involved in caring for patients with COVID-19.
For the latest information on the virus, please visit Ottawa Public Health: COVID-19
How are we keeping you safe?
The safety of our patients has always and will always be a topmost priority at Queensway Carleton Hospital.
We have been working diligently to make our patients feel safe when they need to come to QCH for care during these unprecedented times.
- QCH staff are actively screening all patients at the Emergency Department and our entrances upon arrival
- All areas of our hospital are thoroughly cleaned frequently by our staff
- Physical distancing markers have been put in place at hospital entrances to ensure you stay 6 feet apart
Our Infection Prevention and Control team is in close contact with Ottawa Public Health and other agencies to help guide decision-making and receive updates on the virus.
What if you think you may have COVID-19?
If you suspect you have the virus or have been in close contact with someone who does, Public Health has a self-assessment tool that will help you figure out your next steps.
Please consult the Ottawa Public Health website for the most recent information on COVID-19, including a full list of symptoms and testing information.
Patients coming to QCH
Care teams are reviewing each case individually based on medical needs and urgency, ensuring that risks and benefits are properly evaluated before rescheduling the surgery, procedure, diagnostic imaging, or clinic appointment that cannot be done virtually. Patients will be contacted as their care can be rescheduled.
In order to keep everyone safe, we have put some practices in place.
Upon arrival at the main entrance:
- You will be screened for symptoms at one of the screening stations
- You are required to wear a mask at all times when you are in the hospital – you will be given a new medical mask during screening to wear
- Please stand 6 feet apart from others to ensure proper physical distancing
- Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment – you will not be allowed entry if you arrive too early
An important note: if you are screened positive for one of the symptoms of COVID-19, be prepared to potentially have your appointment rescheduled as you will not be allowed to proceed into the hospital.
There will be a Volunteer on hand to help guide you to a waiting room. Please maintain appropriate physical distance while waiting for your appointment and wear a mask at all times. All waiting rooms are cleaned thoroughly and often to ensure your safety.
Help us keep everyone safe: if you are coming to Queensway Carleton Hospital for an appointment, please wear a mask. Thank you.
In order to protect everyone's health, visitor restrictions are in place at QCH. More information can be found on our Visitor Restrictions page.
COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre - Moodie
Queensway Carleton Hospital operates the COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre on Moodie in Ottawa’s West end.
More information on the Care Centre can be found on our COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre page.