We look for individuals whose own personal values complement those of the hospital… where respect, accountability, and innovation are our values.
Our volunteers possess the following qualities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
In order to provide quality services and support to the hospital, we rely on the commitment of our volunteers. Our minimum commitment requirements are:
- 75 hours or 12-month minimum program placement
- One shift per week (2-4 hours in length)
Steps to Become a Volunteer
***Please note that individuals must be a minimum of 16 years of age to apply to the Queensway Carleton Hospital volunteer program.
Register to attend an Information Session:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Volunteer Resources at 613-721-4709 to register for one of our Information Sessions.
During the session, potential candidates will learn about volunteer engagement opportunities, expectations and receive an application package. Please refer to the bottom of this page for the upcoming Volunteer Information Session dates.
Submit Application Package:
Complete and return your application package to the Volunteer Resources Department (Level 1). This includes two mandatory written reference forms. If your interests and availability match the Hospital’s current needs, an interview may be arranged.
At this interview, you will be meeting with a staff member of our Volunteer Resources Department to determine your fit within the QCH team. Please note that attending an interview does not guarantee acceptance.
Upon acceptance Volunteers will be required to complete the following mandatory steps:
- Health Screening: As part of the Public Hospitals Act and the OHA guidelines, to work in a hospital, you will require proof of:
- Chicken Pox immunization and/or immunity
- MMR (Mumps, Measles, Rubella) immunization and/or immunity
- Police Records Check for applicants 18 years of age or older.
Once all required onboarding steps are completed, specific placements will be arranged.
Things to keep in mind:
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be accepted into the program.
- The process to become a volunteer has several steps all of which take some time. The intake process was developed to ensure we best serve the patients, staff, and the potential volunteer.
Information Session Registration:
All of our upcoming Volunteer Information Sessions are full. Please check back in October for future Information Session dates. Please note, the office does not maintain a waiting list.
OLG Lottery Kiosk Volunteer recruitment
We are actively recruiting volunteers who would like to join our new full-service OLG Lottery Kiosk team. The kiosk operates from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Enjoy the team environment and meet new people while giving back to your local community! For more information, please email email@example.com.