COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre - Moodie
The COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre on Moodie is operated by QCH, in partnership with community physicians and Ottawa Public Health, and is located at the former D. A. Moodie Intermediate School.
595 Moodie Drive
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
It is for treatment for people with symptoms of respiratory illness – cough, fever, and cold-like symptoms – in need of medical attention and is equipped to do basic diagnostic tests, such as chest X-rays and lab tests. Please note this is not an urgent care clinic for non-COVID related symptoms.
People should only seek testing at assessment centres if they meet the criteria, found on the Ottawa Public Health website.
The COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre offers online booking for those in need of a COVID-19 test and meet the criteria.
Online scheduling will be available through a website, with two options for your visit:
- Swab only: For those with mild symptoms who only need a test
- Physician care visit: For those who have chest pressure or discomfort, difficulty breathing, a sore throat or want to see a physician for COVID-19 symptoms. If you think you need more than just a swab, please consider booking a physician care visit.
Appointments are released at midnight. The schedule will show two days of appointments. If you need to book an appointment but do not have access to the internet, please call 613-721-4722 for the COVID-19 Care Centre on Moodie. Note: there are a limited amount of bookings through this phone number, and it is to only be used for those without internet access.
Treatment and Eligibility
The COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre on Moodie can assess, refer and prescribe antiviral therapy treatment options for COVID-19.
Individuals may be eligible for this treatment if they are high-risk, immunocompromised, unvaccinated, or have underlying medical conditions. Please refer to the Ontario Health website for the eligibility criteria. Physician appointments are required. Please bring a list of any medications or medical conditions with you for the physician to review, as required prior to any treatment.
What to expect at the COVID-19 Care and Testing Centre
- The average length of time of your appointment will be around an hour, depending on if your visit is swab only or if it includes meeting with a physician for care.
- Please plan to arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Those arriving more than 5 minutes late for their appointment may not be able to be tested and may have to re-book.
- Please bring your health card or proof of health coverage. Those without health coverage can still be seen.
- If you have any questions about where to find your results or what to do while you wait for your results, please ask the physician, or visit the Ottawa Public Health website for further instructions.
Where can I find my test results?
Swabs from Moodie are sent to the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA). To manage the current volumes, EORLA prioritizes the lab testing of hospital patients first, and then assessment centre tests. EORLA prioritizes symptomatic patients, patients referred for testing by Public Health (for contract tracing) and healthcare workers who have been told to get tested by their Occupational Health and Safety teams.
To access results from a test from Moodie:
- You will be required to log in to see your results
- If you do not have an account, you can sign up for one at the time of your test