West Ottawa Clinical Assessment Centre
The West Ottawa Clinical Assessment Centre is operated by QCH, in partnership with community physicians. It is for treatment for people with symptoms of respiratory illness – cough, fever, and cold-like symptoms – in need of medical attention.
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday – Friday
2625 Draper Avenue
Book an appointment
People should only seek testing at assessment centres if they meet the criteria, found on the Ottawa Public Health website.
The West Ottawa Clinical Assessment Centre offers online booking for those in need of a COVID-19 test and meet the criteria.
Online scheduling will be available through a website, with two options for your visit:
- Swab only: For those with mild symptoms who only need a test
- Physician care visit: For those who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19 with symptoms such as cough, difficulty breathing or sore throat or those who are eligible for antiviral therapy who need to see a physician.
Appointments are released at midnight. The schedule will show two days of appointments. If you need to book an appointment but do not have access to the internet, please call 613-721-4722. Note: there are a limited amount of bookings through this phone number, and it is to only be used for those without internet access.
Treatment and Eligibility
The West Ottawa Clinical Assessment Centre can assess, refer and prescribe antiviral therapy treatment options for COVID-19.
Individuals may be eligible for this treatment if they are high-risk, immunocompromised, unvaccinated, or have underlying medical conditions. Please refer to the Ontario Health website for the eligibility criteria. Physician appointments are required. Please bring a list of any medications or medical conditions with you for the physician to review, as required prior to any treatment.
What to expect at the West Ottawa Clinical Assessment Centre
- The average length of time of your appointment will be around an hour, depending on if your visit is swab only or if it includes meeting with a physician for care.
- Please plan to arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Those arriving more than 5 minutes late for their appointment may not be able to be tested and may have to re-book.
- Please bring your health card or proof of health coverage. Those without health coverage can still be seen.
- If you have any questions about where to find your results or what to do while you wait for your results, please ask the physician, or visit the Ottawa Public Health website for further instructions.
Where can I find my test results?
Swabs are sent to the Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA). EORLA prioritizes symptomatic patients, patients referred for testing by Public Health (for contract tracing) and healthcare workers who have been told to get tested by their Occupational Health and Safety teams.
To access results:
- Check our online Meditech Patient Portal
- You will be required to log in to see your results
- If you do not have an account, you can sign up for one at the time of your test