Geriatric Day Hospital Meditech Virtual Visit
You have been scheduled for a Virtual Geriatric Assessment at the Queensway Carleton Geriatric Day Hospital.
You will receive an email, which includes a link to enroll for the Patient Portal.
PLEASE ENROLL IMMEDIATELY.
What You Need For Your Virtual Appointment:
- ALL of your medications, vitamins and supplements beside you
- Name and phone number of your Pharmacy
- Having a family member or friend present is strongly recommended
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Reading glasses and hearing aids if needed
- Current weight (taken first thing in the morning before you eat if possible)
- Blood pressure machine or have recent readings if available
- We ask that you set yourself up in an area that is quiet, well-lit and where you have enough space to move around
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AND NEED TO RESCHEDULE PLEASE CALL: 613-721-3808
In order for your visit to occur, you must complete the following:
1. Enroll in the Patient Portal prior to your appointment
- Click on the link sent to you via email. (Keep this email as you will need it for your appointment)
- Create username and password. (DO NOT FORGET THEM)
- Review Terms and Conditions
2. Test Your Connection
Please use Chrome or Safari web browser-to test your connection prior to your virtual visit using the online tool at: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/ (external tokbox tool)
3. Sign into the Patient Portal 30 minutes prior to appointment time
Access portal at www.qch.on.ca
Top right corner- click on “Patient Portal” or use the link https://connectedcare.mychamp.ca
Sign in using the username and password
Select Blue Camera Icon which will bring you to the ‘virtual waiting room’ (This button can be seen 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
Wait for the doctor or nurse to connect to start your visit
*If you are late to sign in for your appointment time you may not be able to connect and will have to call us to reschedule* 613 -721 -3808
IF YOU NEED HELP WITH PATIENT PORTAL PLEASE GO TO: https://qch.on.ca/patientportalfaq
OR CALL: 1-833-721-0660