QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Queensway Carleton Hospital is supporting the regional vaccine rollout through an onsite COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic, working with Ottawa Public Health and other regional health partners.
The clinic is operated by QCH physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, registration, and volunteers.
Appointments will be contingent on the availability of the vaccine and are booked through the provincial online vaccine booking program by those eligible for the vaccine only. Appointments are not booked by QCH. The clinic is by appointment only. Walk-ups are not permitted.
If there are any issues booking your vaccine, please visit the province's vaccine support webpage.
High call volumes for vaccinations
As of June 28, any individual aged 18 years or older is eligible to book or move up their second dose appointment. In order to help us reduce call volumes, we recommend that you go to the provincial booking site to either book your second dose appointment or to move up your current appointment.
If this applies to you, on the provincial booking site you will select to book a second appointment. If your second dose was booked by QCH and you are unable to book a second appt through the provincial system; no worries. Give us a call and we can look to move your appointment forward in our system.
For details and directions, please visit Ottawa Public Health's vaccine webpage.
Please bear with us! We are currently experiencing very high call volumes due to a change in eligibility for Ontarians 18 and older who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine on or after May 10.
You do not need to inform QCH if you rebooked your appointment date and/or location of vaccination through the provincial system.
What you need to know
Where to enter the QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
The QCH COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic has a separate entrance, located beside our Emergency Department on the east side of the hospital. The entrance is marked on the map.
Yes, it is the door nearest the Tim Horton's sign. Unfortunately, no, you will not be able to get your coffee here when you get vaccinated.
Individuals who are coming to Queensway Carleton Hospital for their COVID-19 vaccine are able to park in our main visitor parking lot, located at the front of the hospital. Please park in the main lot, preferably ‘LOT C’ (please note the alphabetical markers in the parking lot).
If you are coming specifically for the vaccine, you do not have to pay for parking.
- When you first arrive at the clinic and register, the registration clerk will provide you with a parking voucher
- When you are ready to leave the parking lot after your appointment, you can either
- Use the white parking kiosk beside the parking exit gates: Put the entry ticket into the parking pay machine and, after the sum total is presented on screen, immediately put the voucher from registration into the same slot. The pay machine will then validate the ticket and spit out your free pass.
- Drive up to the exit gate: Put the entry ticket into the machine and, after the sum total appears on the screen, put in the voucher from registration. The ticket will be validated, and the exit gate will open.
The main parking lot (in blue) and parking kiosk/exit gate (in red) are marked on the map.
What to bring to your vaccination appointment
Please ensure you have brought the following to your vaccine appointment:
- Valid health card
- Valid government ID
- Vaccine appointment confirmation
When you book your vaccine appointment through the provincial booking system, you will receive a confirmation code. Please bring this with you to your appointment.
You will be waiting at the vaccine clinic for 15-30 minutes after your shot. We recommend you bring something to pass the time as you wait: a book, your phone, a tablet, etc.
What to expect when you arrive at the clinic
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- You may be required to stand in line outside before you are able to enter the clinic, so please dress appropriately for the weather
- Once you enter the clinic you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, consent forms will be checked, you will be registered and then vaccinated
- You are required to wait 15-30 minutes (time may vary per individual) after receiving your vaccine to watch for any adverse reactions
- After waiting your specified time you will be checked out of the clinic by the registration clerk
- You will be provided with your Vaccination Receipt
- Parking Voucher if applicable